My friends Inge and Angelique, the girls, James and Ronda and boys and my parents were all going to stay in the same hotel, so we knew we'd have a party! The girls were so excited. Me too!
And then Paul was able to come, too, which made the weekend even that much better!
We stopped at the Pro Bass Shop at Cross Iron Mills so we could see "Gaston's house." (you know, the antagonist from "Beauty and the Beast"). Paul entered to win $25 000 so we had to go around and try to spend his winnings. Then he went to the boats and it was pretty easy to spend it. In fact, we could win twice and not have too much of a problem spending the cash!
| My beautiful girls with this beautiful moose |
We then went to the temple open house. It was beautiful. The girls enjoyed it, although they got tired. It took us 2.5 hours from start to finish! But, there were cookies at the end. That helped their feet feel better!
| Beautiful girls! |
| We didn't plan the view well- the lamppost looks funny right behind Paul! And I don't have any program to edit photos. |
| Family picture |
| Well, who knew? |
| The cookie helped perk her back up :) |
| The Calgary Alberta Temple |
| Two gorgeous girls |
We went to Four Points by Sheraton. It is right beside COP. All four hotel rooms were in a row. That was fun! We stayed up late and went swimming. I should clarify. I watched the girls and Paul swim. The water was so cold and I'm such a wimp. And the hot tub was too hot! (When does that happen)!?
Saturday morning after breakfast at Denny's, we went swimming again, but it was even more fun this time as the Quilty girls and the Adams boys went swimming, too! It was quite the party. James and Paul decided they'd try to figure out who could make the bigger splash coming out of the slide. Paul asked me to document his splash, since he couldn't see how big his splash was. (Hence the videos). They weren't too serious about the competition, although I think James might have 'won.'
Paul's technique #1
Paul's technique #2
The girls and Paul
It was a good adventure. I have a sense of direction that usually helps me out and is very reliable. Until we get to Calgary. And then my sense of direction is lost completely. I am the navigator, and so driving around Calgary proved to be quite the mental exercise. However, we always got to where we needed to go and we got back home again, and Paul is still talking to me, so I couldn't have done that badly!
Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment