23 October 2012

One Last Trip Down South in the Summer

After we went to the GFC, we went down to Waterton to go camping with Inge, Omi and the Quilty family. I lost Middle and YOungest at the campground. I nearly had a heart attack. It was an awful experience! I wish I had pictures, but I found out at GFC that I had filled up my phone's memory with pictures and videos, and I hadn't brought my camera, so I was out of luck as far as photographing our trip.

I went on a hike with Angelique, we went running in the morning, we went to Red Rock Canyon, saw a momma and baby bear, got rained on, and picked saskatoons. It was very relaxing and wonderful. It was great to visit with my dear friends!

On the way back from Waterton, I asked the girls if they wanted to go exploring. They said yes, so I took them to the Beazer Cemetery to see Grandma Liz`s grave. I thought it would be the only cemetery that they`d ever have to open two gates and drive through a cow pasture to get to. It was super windy (not a big surprise there) but they had fun.

My Grandma Gibbs and Grandma Liz`s headstones.

The girls`great-great grandparents. Oldest still vaguely remembers them!

We  all got our hair cut, but Youngest was the only one who`d stop long enough at Grandpa and Grandma`s house to take a picture with me.


Uncle Michael and Aunt Stacey invited us over to their house to watch a movie in their backyard. That was so much fun! And, Despicable Me was a fantastic movie. That is saying a lot since I don`t usually take the time to watch movies.

Why the tongue- I don`t know. Because she can, most likely. She still loves to  cuddle me.  And I love it! I`ll take it as long as I can get it!

Uncle Ross and Aunt Paulette took the whole gang out for ice cream. I don`t think the Stirling store has been that full before. And maybe Youngest learned from her Uncle John about the tongue thing. Just sayin.`

There were a lot of people there- was it 27?  Thanks so much Uncle Ross!

Cousins! Girl power!

Angelique pulled out Oldest`s tooth for her. I am so glad to have that lady in my life. I do not like wiggly teeth!

Ta-da!

And yes, this is me and my father-in-law. Someone told me with his scruffy face he looked like Sean Connery. Not sure about that one! (No offense, dear father-in-law).  Anyway, pictures were being taken of the 12 kids and Joan and Earl and I was feeling left out. I thought (well, not really. I just thought it would be funny) there should be a picture of all the in-law children with the Maynes parents. (what a weird picture that would be)! Anyway, I grabbed him and said that we should get a picture together! It was fun. :)


That was our last Southern Alberta hurrah for the summer. We had fun.

I hope your summer was great too- although its been so long ago now. Or maybe it is just because it is getting cold. Or both.



No comments:

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!