Anyway, Oldest had an assignment to build a bridge, and of course, she wanted to do an arch bridge. I don't know how to build things. But, we forged ahead thinking of all sorts of materials we could use to make it. And then I thought of our friend, Scott. He's an engineer, he won an award in university building a bridge out of popsicle sticks, and he worked on a real bridge, the Capilano Bridge here in E-town. I was texting Celena, his wife, and my friend.
She even thought my idea of bananas was ridiculous. But really, it was the only thing I could think of that was a natural arch. So, I did try. But then Scott came to the rescue!
We built the bridge. It was soooo exciting! First, the false work.
Then the fun/yummy/exciting part.
Then, she took it to school.
Everyone liked her bridge, they especially wanted to eat it! (She is on the far left, sitting in the desk).
Then, we waited for Sunday for the fun part--eating it! We had the Shaw family over to help us out!
What a fun project! Thanks for all the help Shaw family!
Have a great day!

No comments:
Post a Comment