05 April 2012

Back in My Day...

Back in my day, school used to be cancelled in inclement weather. Really, I am not joshin.' Or was is less of a 'back in the day' thing and more of a rural vs. urban thing? Maybe there are still such things, I am just one of the less fortunate because I live in the city. (Agreed. In so many ways).


Well, winter decided to show spring it wasn't finished with us yet. Bazinga! Hello Spring Snow Storm! Paul called from his truck and told me I didn't have to take the girls out since the roads were so bad. I stayed in bed. And then I felt guilty. And so I got up, and got my Grade 3er ready. We walked to school (this is the ideal scenerio, but, considering that my Grade 3 girl isn't a morning gal, we struggle to get out the door in time for school, even when I drive!

But, we forged ahead. And what a fun walk it was to school. Memory making really. She'll be able to use this as content for her 'back in my day' stories. They'll be great.




Getting ready to go!
Almost there!

There it is!

Trying to capture how much snow we actually received.

Where I left my girl.


My neighbour is there somewhere!

The snow was heavy! 

My neighbour, Lee, helped me out. Nice guy!

I had to dig my garbage out. And the neighbour's.

I thought the roads looked too unfriendly for my van to get through. I was probably right. 

The fence in the backyard.

Playing in the snow!

So much fun!

We made it to school for the second time that day! (I go three times).

Having so much fun!

She thought there was so much snow on this car. So I took a picture! She was soaking wet!

We got our friends' wheelbarrow out to return to them. And then it snowed. See it?

Have a great day- whether it is snowing or not!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

nasty! Memory making is fun though!

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!