09 April 2012

Grandma Liz

I hung out on Friday morning in Beazer cemetery. I have a bunch of relatives in there. Surprised that I have roots in SoAB? It's true.

My grandpa lost my grandma to colon cancer in 2004. He married Liz in 2005 and were happy to be together. They were a good team. My girls love her to bits, and know her as Grandma (since my grandma died when Oldest was 16 months old). We called her Grandma Liz or Grandma Gibbs.

Well, Grandpa lost Liz to cancer in November 2011. Her headstone was ready to be put on the grave, so he drove it down to Beazer Cemetery. You've never heard of it? Don't worry, not many people have.

We went down to Stirling for Easter, and Paul and I went out to Beazer to help GG put the headstone on her grave. It was her birthday. 6 April 1935 was her birth date.






My great grandparents.

My great great grandparents

Headstones are heavy.

Raking, getting ready for grass seed.

My Grandpa and two great Aunts. Mary and Lorraine (in the far background).


My grandma's grave. Grandpa will be buried there, too.

It was tear-jerking. His careful, methodical and exact manner.



My grandma on the left and Liz on the right.


Grandpa and Grandma Liz




Our last family picture with her. 


Families Are Forever



No comments:

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!