20 November 2010

Lest We Forget; We Will Remember Them

So R got to be in the Colour Party at her school, DDM and her Brownie group was invited to attend the Butterdome Ceremony and be part of the parade as well. The Butterdome was packed. People were sitting in the stairwells! I was happily surprised that that many came to a ceremony, rather than, umm sleeping in?! It was amazing!

Anyway, I tried hard to get some pictures. But really, my camera can only zoom so far.... Have a great day!

 At school. With the Colour Party in front foyer.


On the LRT going to the Butterdome. And yes, it is Movember.
 More train...
 More train again...

So here is a really bad picture, but that's all I got... I can see her hair. See where the lady in the dark blue sweater facing the camera is? If you look at her right elbow, you can see a blond bit of hair... That's my girl.

 This pic makes me laugh! Sonja met us there and helped with the kids. You can see she is holding a snack. You know the cheese and bread stick thingys? Well, IJM doesn't love them, but loves turning it into a birthday cake. The candles stick out of the cheese, if you will. She is a funny kid!





1 comment:

sonja said...

I had no idea that it was a birthday cake. Huh.

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!