Can it really be seven years ago that I held a tiny bundle in my sore tired arms?
I don't think it seems like it was that long ago. In some ways it seems like yesterday. But in the seven years I've had the opportunity to get to know her a bit. She is a very careful and cautious girl. She is very particular about ways to get things done. She has always loved a story and is now reading so well and so much it is very much a challenge to keep ahead of her and find her books to read. Her recent accomplishment? Reading "The Tale of Despereaux." It is the longest chapter book she has read so far! She does not like loud. She is very sensitive to sound. She does not like the dark. Her dad has convinced her that her favourite hockey team is the Vancouver Canucks and then the Edmonton Oilers. Her mouth is getting more and more adult teeth. It is sort of sad to see the baby teeth go, but exciting to see her adult teeth growing in. She desperately wants a dog! She wants to live in the country away from all the noise and smell of diesel so she can see the stars better. She loves Science class! And Art and P.E.. One of her favouite people is Grandma. They come up with pretty good plans together!
We went to Prairie Garden Corn Maze to celebrate! It was fun!
Mom and RJM playing a really big game of Checkers. She won!
Here is Dad!
And RJM!
One stranger and then the rest are all family. Too bad the stranger is right at the forefront.
IJM decided that she would find her own way through the corn maze. She was grumpy!
Then on Sunday we had a celebration! Alan and Sonja were part of the Dueling Ukes.
A happy girl!
Ah, Grandma getting her a modest Barbie! Auntie Sonja got her one too! And a horse!
Mom and Dad got her a book. Wah-wah.
All purple for our purple fan!
I love her!
I think I will keep this girl for another seven years!










No comments:
Post a Comment