22 September 2011

Summer 2011 Family Campout

I booked Pine Bay, a group campground, at William A Switzer Provincial Park, after trying to book it for YW Camp. I was on the phone, on hold, at at 10 am this particular site was booked all summer, except the 29-31 August and two days in the beginning of July. The lady on the phone told me that the people who walk in get first priority, and that they drive out to Hinton to get the priority. Sheesh! This was the first working day of... January 2011.  So, immediately, I was curious about this campground. I had obviously heard it was nice (and had a private beach, which is why I wanted to book it for YW Camp). But how nice must it be to drive out to Hinton on 3 January 2011 (the first day that the campsites can be booked). I told the lady that I wanted to book it, even though I had no reason to do so. As the winter dragged on, I decided that I would cancel my reservation, even though I didn't want to. I was curious and wanted to go there!

We went to the same park for YW Camp, but a different group campsite (Beaver Ranch). It was nice, and so that didn't satiate my curiosity. I had talked to my family, and they said that they'd come camping and that I shouldn't cancel. I was so glad that I didn't have to! I didn't want to end up having to foot the bill myself for one family staying in the whole group area!

Grandpa and Liz, Aunt Bernita and her three kidlets, Aunt Ruth and her youngest two, my parents, Sonja, Erin and Alan, Nathan and Julie and their three babies, and us had a great time! I seriously enjoyed every minute of it. I think I smiled a lot--well, except when Youngest felt it necessary to scream for hours the second night. I don't think that anyone smiled or enjoyed that. At all.

I have lots of pictures, and sometime I will figure out a way to share them with you. But here are some of them.

She loves to fish! This was the only fish she caught, though.

Uncle Nathan and Oldest

Nice boat.

Love this man!

Love this guy, too!


The sun did shine!

One of the bravest people I know. Seriously.

Crazy hikers!

A birthday bench for the birthday girl! Happy 18! A great gift, all the kids pitched in to make it.

 My most favourite people in the whole entire world! (There are other favourites, but they aren't in the picture. And if I said 'some of my favourite people' then there might be a misinterpretation). Confusing, I know.

The view from our private beach.

So, I guess you all know where I will be on the first Monday of January 2012. Any one have any specific dates they want? Okay, maybe not in line, but on the phone on hold. It was great!

You know why I love the second last picture soooo much? It is because we are all smiling. And it was true. We had a great time.

I love my family.

PS I will try to find a place to put the rest of the pictures. Keep in touch.
Oh, the dates are correct. Finally. Until I charge the camera battery. :)

And finally, a little video to make you laugh. Or at least I know I did. And do. Enjoy!




1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

That looks like it was a blast! Glad you got to go and get away. It looks so beautiful!

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!