21 September 2011

Summer 2011 More time in SoAB



Since the Edmonton Temple is closed for renovations, my Grandpa decided to go south to Cardston. His wonderful wife, Liz, has struggled for good health for about a year, and she was ready to travel! I think he also went to Cardston with the hopes that he'd have more family come and visit. They camped at Lee's Creek Campground in their trailer. He wanted computer access and packed his desktop computer in the trailer as well. It was quite the sight to see! I went to Cardston on 27 July and went to the temple with them, as well as Aunt Ruth.

I drove my in-laws car to Cardston. My mil wanted my van so that she could transport six girlies easily, so I took the car. I drove a standard! I haven't driven a standard in two years, and it was fun!

I saw Grandma and Grandpa Olsen's house. It is being sold. I wish to buy it. Beautiful spot, happy memories. But then reality sinks in. An old house, 7+ hours away, what would I do with it? Rent? And then take care of that? How? You see, it was not to be. Not to mention funds, but hey, that isn't any fun to think about! Some changes, the roof over the front door is gone, as is the ramp. The satellite dish, the truck on the front yard, the grown up bush at the front. What else? It seems so long since I've been in Cardston!



Floyd and Georgena Olsen's house

The Alberta Temple


I was going to edit this and try to make me look thinner. But ech, what you see, is all me.
Jennifer, Grandpa, Liz, JN, KN

Another one, I don't look any better! However we all  have heard that "A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks." And, we are all smiling! It was a fun day together.
The Nordal family and Grandpa and Liz.



What a good looking bunch we are! It was a fun day! 

Faith makes all things possible.
Hope makes all things bright. 
Love makes all things easy.



Again, wrong dates. I wish I would remember to check it! Whenever I charge the battery, it changes back to the original. Bah!

Have a great day!

No comments:

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!