31 March 2010

A Daddy Daughter Date


We had the opportunity to go to a hockey game as a family at Rexall Place. It was the EPS versus the NHL Hockey Legends. R got tickets from school. She was so excited to go to the place where the Oilers play hockey! We only went to the first period though, because by the time they started (late) and did their light show and introductions, the start time of 7 pm was more like 7:45pm! Anyway, two of the girls didn't know any better, but I can't fool R much anymore. She knew!

Well, Paul got tickets to see Oilers vs. Canucks on the 23 March. He didn't know who to take ( I wanted to go with him but it is hard to get a babysitter during the week since I feel that they shouldn't be working except on the weekends) so he took her. She was so excited!

Thanks to new technology, she (well, probably her dad, more likely) texted me and took pictures with Daddy's phone. It made my heart so happy.

Here are some emails I got from "her:"

I am having so much fun.
The oilers have 2 points.

I am cheering for oilers and the have 3 goals and lead by 1 goal.
I am not tired.what have you been
Doing?

Hi mom it is 3;2.as you know I am
not sleepy but I am very thirsty.
I love you mom

I think it is adorable. They got treats and everything. A real date!

An action shot!
Another one!
She is so happy!
At the end of the game! She was a good luck charm for the Oilers! They won 3-2!
Walking back to the van. Her legs got tired. Not the best picture of Paul, but look at my girl's smile!
Have a great day! Remember we love you!

1 comment:

sonja said...

oh what a happy girl. I am so glad for her.

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!