07 March 2010

February 2010


The shortest month of the year always seems to be a crazy one in my life. Let's see... my in-laws' anniversary, birthdays, my birthday, my anniversary, Valentine's Day, the 100th Day of School, Punk Rocker Day.... I could go on. But I won't.

I started babysitting again on 1 February. That makes a long day for me! But it is good. The 100th Day of School and my birthday and hot lunch forms to be returned all fell on the same day this year. I forgot to get the hot lunch forms back in and so R missed out on Mr. Sub Hot Lunch. She nearly stopped talking to me forever. I also got to watch my girls as it was a parent watch week at Ukrainian Dance. And they do so well! Our 11th anniversary came and went. Our friends, Jeff and Marilyn, invited themselves over and we went out to eat and then came back and played games. It was a perfect way to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Mom and Dad took the girls to B-town for the weekend and we went out and celebrated Family Day out on the ranch. Personally, it is my favourite place to be. Then it was Punk Rocker day. What is a punk rocker anyway? And what do they dress like? Hmmm, look at my picture and see how I did. Next came my First Aid training weekend. It was good to do it. I just hope I never have to use what I've learned! We took the girlies skating for the first time this year! All three had skates on! I wish I had brought my camera, but, I knew I wouldn't be able to get a picture taken, as all three were hanging off me trying to stay on their feet. R had a dance performance. That was good practise! (Oh she is so good, if I do say so myself)! Then it was Teachers' Convention so we went to the Royal Alberta Museum, mostly to see the Robert Munsch exhibit. Again, no pictures. Oops. But, I have tickets to take Ruby and Aubrey to go see him in May! I am so excited!!! What else? Oh, I signed up R for softball. This year is not T-ball. It is coach pitch. This might be hard. I would like to sign A up too, but can't be in three places at once. At YW, with R, and with A all at different places. So, she'll just have to wait and miss out on Nerf and go straight to the big leagues of T-Ball. Unless one of you have nothing to do on Wednesday nights? Anyone?
So now the pictures. Not in order. But pictures, nonetheless.

R and C as punk rockers.

Another shot of the punk rockers. I wish I had a better picture of R. Especially her gloves that we cut the fingers out of.
The neighbourhood 'gang.' All good. But all boys? Where are the girls in our neighbourhood? That is fine though. We like them. Maybe the snowman was a girl. She has melted now. The weather has been crazy warm. And I mean crazy! Secretly, I love it!
AM, SS, RM, AS and CRW

Auntie Sonja helping A and I make snow angels out on the ranch.


Her hair is in hearts for Valentine's Day. Gotta give credit where it is due. Check out this blog for cute girl hairstyles! http://www.cutegirlshairstyles.com/


And this was pretty fancy too! It is a heart. C'mon, can't you see it?!?!



A dancing, or something like that!


Ukrainian Dancing
Another of A 'dancing'

R's Ukrainian Dance #1


R's Ukrainian Dance #2

1 comment:

erin said...

I loved the dancing! It was so good! I also enjoyed the story within the dancing, that being the adventures of one little girl whilst the dancing was going on. I am so proud of both the girls, carrying on the strong tradition of Ukrainian dancing in our family. They are so brave, especially to dance with boys.

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!