12 March 2010

The Cutest House on the Block

I don't blog this to try and sell our house, rather for documentation that this was my house and that I lived here and grew to love my home. I cried when I first saw the house. It was so disappointing! And last night after I called my over-paid and under-worked realtor and told him that we would accept the offer, I broke down and sobbed. The sign came on Monday 8 March. We showed the house five times on 10 March and had an offer later that afternoon. On the 11 March we countered, and they came back with a revised offer. And then at 2115 last night, I accepted it.

Now let me deviate for a moment. We had put money down on a lot in Fort Saskatchewan and had decided that we'd move. Then the building company sold our lot to another customer and didn't tell us. Paul decided to fight for the lot and came out empty-handed. We decided that we didn't want to work with a company who was dishonest. And walked away. It was hard. Mostly because we were leaving a walk-out basement, a big house and a pretty good-sized yard. And I can't find another house that I can compare it with. We had decided that we were meant to stay in Edmonton since Ft. Saskatchewan was just NOT happening! But we decided that we wanted to find a bigger house and yard. We looked at some and then decided to list our house. I had very low expectations of it selling.

And then, it did. So, if the buyer gets financing and the house passes inspection (could a house Paul lives in ever fail inspections?) we will be homeless on 1 May 2010. So we are house hunting. We found a house I loathe and Paul loves and another one I really like that Paul really doesn't. And there you have it. The story of our lives, again!

The mls.ca website doesn't make our little house look good at all. Feel free to check it out(I don't know how long it will be up is since there is an offer)http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=9219715

And then I decided to take some pictures myself. Not much better, but maybe. And I didn't really clean up. Like I said before, this is a blog just to show that we lived and lived well in the cutest house on 58St block.


So, here are some pictures. They aren't in 'order.' I don't care. I haven't cleaned up since after Wednesday, I am sooooo tired!!!! So the pictures don't quite look as the house did on Wednesday, but really, my house never looks like how it did on Wednesday. The pictures are much more accurate. And even then, I sometimes wish I could keep my house as clean as it is in the pictures.

Have a great day! Love you!


Downstairs play area
Downstairs play area/family room
Bedroom #3

Bedroom #2
Bedroom in the Basement


Master Bedroom


Entrance way (and Little Bear on TV)
Living Room (sick girl- note the bucket).
Oh I didn't realize I uploaded this one. The same as above.
Living Room
Main floor washroom
Kitchen and eating area
Kitchen
Kitchen and eating area
Kitchen looking to living room


1 comment:

erin said...

So many blogs in such a short time, how lucky! Seriously, I love your blogs, don't ever stop. They usually make me laugh outloud and sometimes cry. I miss you guys more than I can stand.
I love you!

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!