06 March 2010

January 2010






Pictures are so nice! These two pictures are fun. We had a girl party one night because Daddy had to work late. So we all slept together. I think I fell asleep first. A has her hand in my hair, R is sleeping as she should, and well, #3.. not too sure. But Daddy took the pictures when he came home and had to put all the three girls in their beds so he would have room.





It was Crazy Hat Day at YAS, and so R wanted a hat. She came up with the idea. And yes, that is Uncle Michael in the background. He was up marking exams. So anyway, back to the hat. She asked her dad for the ED hard hat, and she did the rest. I am so glad she is happy with making things instead of wanting me to go buy her the coolest thing from the coolest store. I think the hat turned out great! And yes, little sisters want to be just like her...

Look at me!
Going to school with her hat and 'crazy' hair (How to make your own 'crazy hair': braid the hair, then leave for a few days and then take out)!



Enjoying the cold and snow in Stirling!


Grandpa and #3 hiking through Long Lake Provincial Park. He is such a good dad and grandpa. He ditched work to come with me to scout out locations for the YW camp this summer. I loved this place, by the way.


Such a loving girl to her babies! I love watching her take care of them!


So back to Christmas-y stuff. R got an Easy Bake Oven for Christmas. And she loves it. And we use it. I found more recipes online, not requiring the mixes. It is great! Inexpensive and she loves to do it! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the great gift! It is a permanent addition to the countertop.


Paul and I went to see Avatar and didn't recycle our glasses. The girls think they are pretty fun!


Another scouting adventure, to find a YW spot. This time at Cross Lake Provincial Park. She did not want to leave. I really couldn't blame her. It was absolutely gorgeous there, too.

A hiking into the group campsite at Cross Lake PP.

And yup that is me with the Olympic torch! When it came through Edmonton, we took the YW to see it for an activity. It was pretty fun! The guy wrote an essay and won-- he got to carry the torch. Why didn't I know about this opportunity? I so would have written an essay to try to get to carry the torch. Well, maybe in another 22 years the Olympics will come back to Canada and I can try then....

Well, that's it. Well, not really, but you know. Enough. Better than nothing. So I have now successfully avoided not writing the YW monthly newsletter for tomorrow. I guess I will have to do it tomorrow. Maybe. It might just be a week late, too. Or I can hand it out on Wednesday. We'll see. Well... this is what is going to happen.... I will get up early and do it. Of course I will... I am just that kind of girl.

Goodnight! Love you!

No comments:

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!