10 January 2012

Dreams

10 January 2011

Dreams...

At 04:30 Oldest came into our room and kept saying, "I can't sleep." I asked if she needed to cuddle for a bit. She was happy to oblige! She cuddled right up to me and spent the rest of the night cuddled up close. She hasn't done that in a long time. I wonder how many more times it will. I cherished those two hours! It was great!

When I woke her up for school, she needed to tell me about her dreams that "freaked her out." And they were ridiculous, just like dreams usually are. My sister told me that her most vivid dreams occurred when she was the same age as Oldest. Interesting. (Note: She did have weird dreams, I remember her telling me about them, too).

I was happy to listen. For a while. And then, like dreams always do, they get strange, and then my listening skills change to my sort-of listening skills. Sorry, babe!

So after listening to this fantastic tale, I go downstairs to keep working on breakfast and lunch. It is quiet. The other two are still asleep. It is an unusual thing, this kind of quiet. And then, the crying starts. It is Youngest. Crying and crying and crying. And why is she crying? I go to investigate. She is crying because she wasn't able to have an ice cream cone at Grandma's. And Grandma had made the homemade kind! Ah, a three year old's nightmare.

I wish my nightmares were like that! I love it!

No comments:

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!