01 November 2011

First Day of School 2011

This year we have a girl in Grade 3 and a girl in afternoon kindergarten. How exciting! We came home from camping and the next day was school! So, Oldest had to get ready for school  on 1 September and Middle could not understand why she couldn't go, too. You see, they have a staggered start, with Middle not starting until 6 September! And try explaining a staggered start to a disgruntled five-year-old. Finally, the 6th came, and we had our happy girl back.




My girl is growing up. The second school year of laces and  the first year of not-little-girl shoes.

Youngest the first one up for breakfast. My girls aren't really morning people. Ever. 

Middle very upset and not understanding why she couldn't go to school. Backpack ready and all. 

A happy Grade 3 girl. Thank goodness!

And finally, it was 6 September. But since she has afternoon kindergarten, she had to wait...even...longer!

A gooey worm was fun to play with while she waited. And waited.

Youngest thought it was fun, too!

Getting ready to go! She donned her Edmonton Capitals shirt I caught at a game. She loves that shirt, and wanted to show all her new friends her awesome shirt!

Oldest's bike locked up and Middle wanted to put her bike right beside her sister's.

Kindergarten 2011 with a little sister who wants to be in Kindy too!

Cute girls!

"I'm ready Mom! Stop taking pictures!"


So, then that left Youngest and I to walk home together. I was sure glad that I still had her at my side. Next year will be hard. I don't want to give up both of them to all day school! Eeek! I refuse to even think about that anymore.

Have a great day!

No comments:

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!