01 November 2011

Utah and back... in 3 1/2 days

All the immediate families-Kami's on the left, Jason's on the right.
My cousin, Jason, was getting married 15 October. Mom and Dad were going, and I thought it would be fun to  go down as well. And so I did. Aunt Ruth came along as well. We had a fun trip!

We left on Thursday (13 October) from my house at 2pm. We got to Calgary at about 5:45 and picked up Aunt Ruth. We then headed on to Lethbridge and stayed with Erin and Alan in their new home.

We took off in the morning around 7-ish for Utah. We stopped in Stirling to give hugs to Inge and Angelique and then kept going south. The border guy was arrogant (as usual) and made me grumpy, but that was the worst of it. I read a story called, "The Monkey's Paw," to the rest of my car mates. Without giving anything away, just go read it and tell me what you think about it. We made it to Bountiful, Utah about 8 pm and ate at The Village Inn. It was pretty good. We stayed in a hotel. It was very nice and clean. The Best Western. Mom, Dad and I went on a little walk around Bountiful. We learned that you need to walk very quickly across the streets there, as the light may turn yellow before you even get across. Scary business!

Saturday morning we went shopping. I got Paul the pants he wanted and likes, and something for each of the girls. I wanted to get some jeans just like ones I have, but there weren't any in my size. Too bad.

We went to the temple and saw Jason and Kami's wedding. After the ceremony, we hung around the temple grounds and visited while pictures were happening. Then we went and got icecream. It was soo much ice cream, but yummy. I could have done with a 1/3 of the amount that they gave me. It was a custard and I got pineapple.

We went and saw the Dixon's home and then we were off to the family luncheon. We ate and decorated a bit and then it was the reception. We stayed longer than we planned, leaving at 8:17pm. We had wanted to leave between 7:30-8:00 pm. Anyway, we drove all night. We stopped at Erin and Alan's for breakfast, Nordals for lunch, and got to my house about four in the afternoon!


Three of the sisters. Ruth, Mom, Deann
while we were waiting for Jason and Kami to come out of the temple.


The newlyweds, Jason and Kami




Uncle Kenny and his wife, Kay. (Can you believe it--he didn't even recognize me! ;))

My cousin Brendon and his wife, Brittney

My cousin, Bekah, her guy Greg, and their daughter, Jade

Two aunts and my mom!

My Aunt Judy and her granddaughter, Jade

Where Jason and Kami were married, the Bountiful Temple

Honestly, they did have fun, even though it doesn't really look like it in this picture!

My Gibbs cousins: Matt Welch (who is married to my cousin Tammy), Tammy Welch, Brandi Gibbs, Justin Gibbs, Rebecca Nybo

I guess Matt got kicked out of this picture.


I was able to see all of my cousins and aunts and uncles that are on my mom's side that are south of the border. That was fun! I can't remember when I saw some of them. It was a good weekend!

No comments:

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!