Well, ever since Paul won an ipad from a work project, I've been mostly loathing it. The girls turn into ipad zombies so easily. The games on it are sooooo fun! (I use it to play Scrabble with Inge and to Skype her, so yes, I do enjoy it too). Angry Birds is a favourite. If you don't know what I'm talking about, sorry, but keep reading anyway.
I found this blog when I was looking for cute family costumes (UCreate on Facebook helped)!:
http://twindragonflydesigns.blogspot.com/2011/09/angry-birds-family-costume-tutorial.html
I didn't think much about it until the girls saw it and wanted to do Angry Birds for costumes. I went out to buy fabric and found out that it was going to cost me about $200. No way! I wasn't going to spend that much on Halloween costumes. Well, Michaels had T-shirts on sale: 2/$6 and I thought I could afford that. A bit of felt (most from a $ store) and some stuffing, and some time (but really, not that much) and: Tada! You've got a family costume for a family of five. I spent about $35 for all five costumes. (And that is probably a high guess)! I think they turned out great!
 |
| The Pig, Yellow Bird, Blue Bird (with the two little ones), Red Bird, and Black Bird |
 |
| My parents were in E-town so we asked them to take a family picture of us--in our church clothes and all)! |
 |
| I put cardboard in the inside of her shirt ( I made a pocket) to make it a triangle shape) |
 |
| Figured out the camera timer! |
 |
| Our messy and cluttered house. This room is so awful to try and figure out-- the computer is going though, we just have to get it downstairs now that the basement is done (well, except the carpet). Well done, Paul! Thanks! |
 |
The girls thought we should look angry, so we tried.
It was fun! People recognized us, and that was great! A man even stopped when he was driving and we were walking to Kindergarten and told us how much he liked our costumes. I know that this was supposed to be a popular costume this year, but not around here, so that was fun!
Now on to thinking of cleaning up Halloween, get ready for Remembrance Day and on to Christmas! Not to mention thinking about next year's costumes!
Happy Halloween!
|
3 comments:
I'm so glad that you posted these pictures! You guys look great! I didn't see any angry birds come to my house.
Well done!
They are so so so so so so Great! I love the angry expressions the girls are giving. So cute.
I love them! You did a great job
Post a Comment