08 February 2011

Christmastime 2010

We had such a fun Christmas this year! We got to see both sides of the family, and, for the first time ever, woke up in our home for Christmas morning! We went down to Stirling for Joral's wedding reception and was able to see a bunch of Maynes and Murray family. While we were there, we sang and danced to "Mele Kalikimaka." It was so much fun!



I was able to hang out in Cardston with Angelique and Ingeborg. Good times! I love eating Inge's truck treats, I think the black licorice was the best!

We came home to get ready for Christmas! It was great fun! We had our former neighbours over to play and enjoyed having no agenda!

Let's just let the record state that Paul is a great gift wrapper. He is so fast! I couldn't keep up, but it was fun to spend time with him getting ready for Christmas morning!

Christmas morning was so much fun! The girls are not early birds (thank goodness) and so Christmas morning wasn't at some crazy hour. They kept Paul's present a surprise, even though it was really hard to do! I was impressed.
A new bathrobe for RJM. Thanks, Sheila!

 IJM with a new hair accessory and a spider puppet!

ALM and Mr. Potato Head

 The best kept Christmas secret of 2010--the remote controlled helicopter for Dad.

 Yes, he really was asleep. He likes to cuddle with Noodle and Pineapple just as much as the girls do!
The best pancakes! Thanks Shauna!

A happy girl!

We went to the ranch for Christmas supper. That was nice and fun! It is great to spend time with family! And the whole family was home! Grandpa Gibbs was able to come over too, although Liz was beginning her month long time in the hospital. (But, she is doing well, she has had her surgery, and is working hard at convalescing)! We were able to spend a few days at home. Alan built a tunnel and Sonja and Dad built a luge track/little toboggan hill for the kids. We big kids had a lot of fun on it as well! Alan won the Hoag Olympics and the trophy to go along with it. 



 Paul and Dad setting up the garage door opener. The 7 of us decided it was time for Mom and Dad to get one for a Christmas present!
 Alan and his tunnel (it was pretty fun, I crawled through it myself. I was a tiny bit nervous, since it was a pretty small hole, but I did it! And then after I had done it once, it was easy!

The man made toboggan hill.

RJM crawling out of the tunnel.


 Two four year olds pulling Nathan around on the the sled.


ALM, RMH, Kolton, Alicia, Julie, and Teifur

 Aunt Erin swimming? And ALM thinking she's crazy?




Some great footage. Or something!


The best thing is-- I can only think of one thing that we still can't find from our travels. Oh, "The Parent Trap" movie, where are you?!?!



Have a great day!

1 comment:

erin said...

Fun, fun, fun!!
Do you want footage of Mele Kalikimaka take 2 with all of the family participating? Or did someone tape that for you?

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!