02 September 2010

May 2010

I am still alive. I cannot believe that people actually read this and are wondering if I will continue blogging. I appreciate your concern. Truthfully, I have had better things to do!

May came. We left our home and moved into a rental duplex. It was in perfect condition. Sigh, I know. I kept worrying about our damage deposit with every little thing. But, in the end, we got it all back! (I was shocked, too).
R and A had their final dance recital for Ukrainian dance. They were so beautiful and their costumes were great too. No cameras were allowed though--they wanted the parents to spend another $25 to buy a DVD. I felt so nickel-and-dimed, I didn't even feel guilty for not buying one.
R started playing Coach-Pitch softball. She was a trooper. She struggled to hit the ball (the first couple games she was fine, and then something happened. And this is the first year when they can get 'out.' My heart ached every time she was at bat. And then the last two Wednesday games ( I wasn't able to go to the Wednesday games, as I have YW at church) she hit the ball! That stinker! Her teammate was so excited that she finally hit the ball too! He went home and told his mom the highlights. "R hit the ball!" I thought that was very kind of him. To think of someone else before himself. Well done, N.D.R.!
I became an aunt again. Nathan and Julie had a little boy on 13 May- the day before his big sister's. And of course, being the champ that Julie is, went home and had a birthday party for her 4 year old girl.
R, A and I went to see Robert Munsch on I's 2nd birthday. We left her at home. He was good, but no where near as good as Fred Penner. But of course, I stood in line for 90 minutes to get his signature in a book and a picture. And yes, my baby turned two. Yikes! I can't quite believe it. She is such a big girl. We love her! It is fun to associate with her all the time-- sleep isn't too important to her right now. Sigh.
I went to Barrhead and saw my cousin's little guy. It is fun to see how we all grow up. 25 years ago we were falling in mud puddles, walking on thin ice, making messes, you name it, and look how we all turned out. Roxanne brought L and showed him off. I got to show off my girls again, too. Fun times!

No comments:

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!