02 September 2010

July 2010

Oh.my.goodness. July started off so crazy I knew that the entire summer would just fly by. Which it did. Canada Day came. There was a Ward Activity--Breakfast, activities, bike parade. And we just had to participate in the bike parade. My mom was terrific! While I was all busy moving, she went to the dollar store and spent $50  to make sure we fit in in the bike parade! That night we were invited to our friends' house, Brian and Venessa, for a BBQ! So Day 1 after moving didn't require too much cooking. Thanks to all!

Mom came and got the girls on the 2nd so that we could keep unpacking. She kept them until Sunday when I went out to pick them up. R and A were signed up for summer camps the next week. A was in the morning and R was in the afternoon. I had a good taste of what things might be like in a few years. I had to take A to camp, come home, work for a while. Then go back to get her, home again. Eat lunch. Then to R's camp. Back home or playground or something to fill the time until we had to go and get her again. 8:30- 4:30. Everyday. I thought I might be able to get something done. Who was I kidding?!

My m-i-l's plans changed so all of a sudden my girls could take swimming lessons. So on the 11 July, I drove them down to Stirling so they could spend the next two weeks with Grandpa and Grandma. I spent a few days there, but then left on Wednesday so I could come home for YW and a camp meeting on Thursday. On Friday, Paul and I left to go back down to Stirling. Sheri and her family were coming and we wanted to see them. We also got to be a part of Stirling Days. Parade, swimming with the fish, and fireworks. All good times. On Sunday Paul and I left again. He had to work and I had to get ready to go to YW camp!

I then went to YW camp. Enough said? Seriously though, it was great. The weather was tempered (I won't lie-- I prayed awfully hard that we wouldn't get wet). I didn't get a lot of sleep but stayed happy and alert and focussed. It was mostly a successful experience. A lot of things that need to change, but not bad for our first camp(it was a Ward camp, not a Stake one). We went to Long Lake Provincial Park. It is beautiful there. Go there if you can, you'll enjoy the scenery and just being out there. I got home on Friday night exhausted! Notwithstanding, we drove to Calgary to pick up the girls and bring them home. I slept the night plus all the way to Calgary. I was SO tired.

The next week R was in another camp. This one was called We Adventure. She loved it! She was nervous because she didn't know anyone in the group, but did well and had lots of fun! Good girl!

It was a busy week because we also got to celebrate having a girl turn four! Oh my! How fun was that?! Grandma and Grandpa Sunshine came to help us party! She is such a fun girl. She still loves her cars and farms, but loves her dolls, too. I love being her mom! She still loves to play with my hair and still sucks her tongue at night when she cuddles me! Her hair is still tousled. That is a good way of saying it. I love, love, love it. I found her with scissors the other day. She told me she was tired of her curls and was going to cut them all off. Why do we do this to ourselves? I have one who wants curls and one who wants to get rid of them. Why? Why? Why?

To end our busy month we went to Calaway Park with the Pot and Quilty families. Love them! Love watching my girls having fun at the park. Paul took I on the log ride. She didn't like it. I should have bought the picture. Her face was priceless. She was terrified. A was just as terrified, but you can't tell in the picture. She is hiding behind Paul. I was in a different log altogether so I claim no responsibility for scarring my children for life. In this instance, anyway. A, I and I hung out together. We liked the train ride and the truck ride and the car ride. R and the Quilty girls and Paul hung out together. They did the scary rides. I have no idea what rides they really went on. I just know they went on the scary ones. I liked being with my friends, Inge and Angelique.  We camped at the Calaway Park campground, which was very convenient. It was good. We saw a guy riding a cooler. Honestly. I stopped him and asked him how much they were. $1100. Seriously? For a cooler on wheels? I don't get it.

Stay tuned. There might be photos. And I will get August and some of September done sometime. Hopefully before 2011.

1 comment:

sonja said...

Don't let her cut off her hair! Please!

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!