02 September 2010

June 2010

We spent another month in the duplex in June. We kept hoping for sod. It never came. I should go by now and see if it is in yet. That was (is) hard. I miss grass. I haven't had any since April and although I can't remember-- wasn't there snow on my grass in April? Grass is long overdue. But, I am getting ahead of myself! June, June, June. We went down to Stirling to help celebrate my f-i-l's 65th birthday. That was fun. He has a great and fun tradition. On his birthday he gives gifts to anyone who shows up for his party. No strings attached. You'd think the whole village would show up. It is bigger than Christmas. He retired the end of June. That seems strange- to think of him not as a principal. But hey, maybe we'll see him a bit. Maybe he'll get bit by a travel bug and want to come hang out in E-town for a while on their way to... Alaska... in the winter? Well, maybe they'll just come visit because they can. Well but what about the cows and chickens and stuff. Alright, maybe we won't see them more frequently or longer than the usual.

A started a speech class. That has been interesting. She does well at the f sound and s sound. She detests the k and g. 

R finished up Grade 1. Can you believe it? My girly is that big already? Be still my heart.

We went to an EllisDon employee picnic and had a blast! They had a bouncy castle, tonnes of food, and a dog for R to play with and A to freak out over. Good times....

Paul had another birthday, but we didn't really notice. We spent the day packing and moving. It was R's last day of school, so that was important. It was also the final walk-through of our new house! We got to move in on the 30 June! Yippee! It was hard work though. Lots and lots of work. I don't think I want to do it again. I am sure we will though.

R was recognized for having perfect attendance during the 2009-2010 school year at York Academic School. I don't think I ever got that. She was very healthy last year, even with H1N1. Maybe the vaccination really did work? She finished up softball on a positive note. (see last month's post-- I got ahead of myself). Coach Pete was great. Kudos to him. Too bad he won't be coaching next year.  R also went to the dentist. Another cavity free visit. But... the O word was mentioned. Already? She is only six. Really? Orthodontics?! Hmmmm...we'll put that off for the summer! We need to play a bit!


Note: No pictures. I am using Paul's laptop as our computer may have really died this time. Really. Even Paul thinks so. He is even online shopping around. Any suggestions?

No comments:

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!