01 November 2009

September 2009

On Ruby's birthday, we try to make a neighbourhood celebration. And so we invite the neighbourhoods over. This year we played a few games (bowling, Find the 6's and played on the playground). And cake and ice cream of course! It was fun. I think we had 15 kids and some of their parents. We try to be friendly neighbours and try to get to know people in our neighbourhood. We live 3 metres away from each other and yet never see each other and most definitely don't talk to each other. So I am trying to remedy that. 58 Street watch out!

On 4 September my Beloved took me to see Bryan Adams with his work buds. I loved it!!!! It was raining and cold and gross but then the sun came out and we rocked like it was still the "summer of '69... er, summer of '99 rather than Autumn of '99. I danced like his boss wasn't watching. Even though he might have been. Hahahhahahahaha!

And then the next day my girl turned 6! We went to Edmonton Valley Zoo.


Now, as zoos go, this one isn't the greatest. And I know that. It is a fact. We got to Lucy's pen (she is the Asian elephant) and she wasn't there. I couldn't believe it. I was pretty disappointed. And then, honestly, she walked right past us. She was going for a walk with her trainer and we were no more than 3 metres away from her. That was awesome!!!!
The girls thought it was pretty cool, too. We celebrated at my parents' house on the 6th. She got a bike and a Barbie and a Webkinz and other stuff that she really doesn't need but gets anyway! We thought about a replacement for Froggy, but she wasn't (and still isn't) ready for that yet.

Froggy Male Beta Fish Maynes
DOA (Date of Aquistion): 5 September 2008
DD (Death Date): 21 August 2009

May heaven be a giant fish tank that always has
clean water and an owner
who never forgets to feed
you and loves you because you are purple.
We are excited to see you again.





And then, Sonja and I went to see Keith Urban. That was really fun. We bought pretty good tickets, but then he had a make shift stage at the back of the floor and he walked by us and it was pretty cool. I try not to sound like a teenager who has a hysterical fit by bursting into tears and all that craziness, but there were those people there. He put on a pretty good show. And my sister bought me a t-shirt. I wore it around my YW and they were pretty dumbfounded that I listened to 'someone like that.' How old am I? And who am I supposed to listen to??

We did a little Halloweeen prep. They were not a giraffe or an elephant for Halloween, but they sure wore those costumes around everywhere. I am not the type of mom to care. They doubled as coats when we had to go out. It was actually really convienient.





Paul's former roommate from "The Big House" died on the 20 September. He had Muscular Dystrophy. I had the opportunity to attend his funeral. And it was a good one. I loved to see all those people again. I know it sounds selfish, but TJ put on a pretty good party. Well done! Till we meet again, TJ!

We went for a walk with Grandma on the most windy day of the year, I am sure. It was fun! Thanks for the adventure!




I got the carpets cleaned! Oh, that was so exciting! And they look so good now. Paul thinks it was a ripoff, but of course he does. The Vaseoline-fingerpainting remains are almost gone, too. Money well spent, I say!

Well, my dirty kitchen awaits. I will get to October 2009 asap! Have a great day! I love you! Thanks for taking the time to read this!

No comments:

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!