02 November 2009

The Rest of October 2009

After such a great start to the month by going to see Fred Penner, you'd think we'd be done having fun. But not really.

I volunteered at the school's Book Fair, and spent way too much money on books. (I like to volunteer to help at the book fair). It was the same day as "Picture Day." And she looked beautiful. Everything purple, of course, including the background!

We had a quiet-ish Thanksgiving, we stayed home for the first time. Auntie Inge and Auntie Angelique and her girls came up for the triplets' blessings and they stayed with us. That was fun! We ordered way too much sushi and ate it all. R lost her second tooth. Thanks to Auntie A! She was brave enough to pull it out for her! I don't like loose teeth!



We had a celebration supper at the Van Bruggen's. That was fun. There were about 70 people there. The girls had a blast. I had lots of fun, too. Thanks to the Van Bruggen's for hosting it. Their house fit everyone! We went to see "Up" in the theatres. A first-time experience for two of my girls. And the little one was more interested in the stairs and searching for abandoned popcorn on the floor. Gross, I know. Unfortunately it is true. I didn't see much more than half the movie. And what is with all the advertisements at the beginning of it?! I knew I wouldn't get to see the end when the previews and such took 25 minutes. Come on now, people! Then we came home and had a turkey dinner even. (I had made a turkey earlier in the week and froze the leftovers-- so we had leftover turkey. But the rest was legit. Well, except the buns. I bought them. And we didn't get any pumpkin pie. No time for that. I made that later on in the week. Maybe someday I will get it all done in one day. But that sounds like way too much work.

I had Youth Conference and my parents took the girls for the weekend. They had a blast. Of course they did. They got out of the city and got to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house.

We got to see Grandma and Grandpa Fluffy, too! Grandpa had PD at Fantasyland Hotel on technology and they came over for supper one night. Then they stayed and watched the girls while Paul and I went to the Oilers vs. Canucks. And the Oilers won! Yay! I have gone with him far too many times when the outcome was not that. It is way more fun when your team wins.

We went and got our flu shots, and the girls were brave. It wasn't much fun, but was manageable when promised an ice cream cone afterward. Unfortunately, some doctor thought kids should get the flu shot in half doses. So we need to go back. And I was planning on standing in line today for the H1N1 shot, but found out they ran out of the vaccine. So I will have to wait. (Secretly I am okay with that. The four hour line up sounded daunting).

We decided to take advantage of our community league memebership and go to the free swimming on Saturdays. It was great. We all went down the waterslide. Even my baby, who isn't really a baby anymore. She thought it was great fun! I guess I can't use her as an excuse to stay in the warm kiddy pool anymore. We did this after we took Daddy to work at the Mazankowski Heart Institute. His last day there is 30 October. After that he'll be at the hospital in Fort Saskatchewan. We are thankful he has made it through the lay offs and hopefully will stay employed for a long time! The lens of my camera was dirty (can you imagine? Hahaha) but I took a few pictures of the girls in the healing garden that is in the hospital. It is actually really nice. The girls thought it was fantastic and thinks everyone should go and look at it. The water was a big hit, of course! Too bad the pictures don't show any of the plants or anything that really makes is garden-y.




Inge came up with the U of L Women Pronghorns to play U of A Pandas. They played well! It was great to see her again. I miss her so much. I miss Stirling for that. Close proximity to great friends. She asked if I'd order food from Boston Pizza for the team. That was funny. I did it last year, and I think that BP thinks I am crazy, even though I explain myself very well. R won some noise makers and a size largeT-shirt from the "A Team." The back of the shirt reads, "Friends don't let friends go to U of C. " And on the front "Destroy the Dinos." I think that might be a bit rude, but maybe I am just a crazy old lady. But the issue hasn't come up to wear it, so it might not ever come up.


I have had two girls sick and had to spend two nights scrubbing vomit out of sheets. I hope this trend doesn't continue. My baby and us grown ups haven't had it yet. Let's hope it stays like that! Grandpa Sunshine has been sick, too. And A and Grandpa have been sick at the same time. A said the other day, and I quote as best as I can remember it:
A: Me sick.
J: I I know, poor girl.
A: Grandpa sick?
J: Yes, I think so.
A: Let's go see he.

I love this stage when pronouns get mixed up. It is okay when you are three.
Here is a song she sings (to the tune of Frere Jacques):

Where is Thomas?
Where is Thomas?
Here he am!
Here he am!


I will save Halloween for its own post. Have a great day! Love you lots!

I know these are September pictures. But they are cute!

This girl is the girl who is loving dolls right now. It is so fun to watch!


These two seem to get along pretty well. Usually. And wearing Dad's shirts as pj's is always a special treat. Funny story about that phrase. At the bball game the announcer said, "And now we are in for a special treat. The U of A Dance team is here to perform for us." Well, someone thought that meant she was getting treats. So cute. A poopy diaper is waiting for me! Here I go. I am excited to change it....

No comments:

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!