




She is growing up so fast, I can't quite believe it. What happened to my baby?!?! Anyway, I love it and all the things that she can do. She is reading well and talks in words like transparent, translucent and opaque like they are common household words. Here is an example:
R: "Mom, you forgot to put ketchup on my hamburger."
J: "Would you like me to put some on it for you?"
R: "Can I put it on myself?"
J: "You bet!"
R: "Can you please pass the opaque ketchup, please?"
This was a real conversation in our house this afternoon. Honest.
I had also planned to take her the the ESO's Halloween Symphony for Kids on Halloween. And I totally forgot. She remembered at 2 pm (which was when it started) and was devastated that we couldn't go. Here is another conversation:
R: You know that kind of music with no words and there are lots of instruments in it?
J: Yup (I haven't ever played her any... until today, I played her some big band jazzy stuff)
R: I really like that kind of music, because it makes my mind wonder about a lot of things.
J: Really?! Wonder about what kind of things?
R: Well, you know. Like when the music goes high and I wonder how high it will really go and then the loud instruments take a turn and they go really low and I wonder how low they can go. And stuff like that.
J: Wow.
And kudos to Mrs. Ruby Thielmann, music specialist at York Elementary, for that lesson. I promised her we can plan on the Christmas one. Maybe Grandma and Grandpa Sunshine can help me out with that one, or I can go myself. I would love to. Her dad, not so much. At all.
Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment