31 May 2009

Iylah's Birthday Celebration!

Iylah is one!!! I am trying to figure out how to put pictures on here better. Any ideas? A tutorial, please?
























































May was full of so much I need more than one post!
Aubrey went an saw a dermatologist for her excema. And he told us that her condition is genetic and will never really go away. She may grow out of it, but will most likely have it or at least be prone to it. And if that is all I have to worry about concerning her health, how blessed am I! I can handle that!

My baby turned one on 27 May. This led to a lot of reminising about a year ago. I am glad that it is now and not then! Her new tricks are clapping, smacking her lips, and walking aided by the furniture. She makes such a mess with cake that I decided to make peanut butter marshmallow squares for her cake. Self serve and way less messy!

It was YW that night, so we saved the party for a hot dog roast at Hawrelak on Saturday (30 May). And it was beautiful. The trees are blossoming right now and it was a beautiful day. On the way home from the park Ruby literally tied herself up in her seatbelt. I thought I would have to go to the Police Station and have them cut it. Ruby kept saying, "I want my Daddy." And he was able to come and rescue her. She is all bruised up and looks a little purple, but thankfully Daddy was able to help her. And that I still have eight seatbelts in my van.
The season has come where the girls think that they should play in the sprinkler everyday, Aubrey doesn't wear shoes anymore, and Iylah has these puffy, pussy-looking blisters on her feet. Welcome spring, we've been waiting for you!

No comments:

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!