Since it was a weekend, I thought it would be better to go back to the school and get the bag so the remains of snack didn't have to sit all weekend and get nice and smelly. So, I told the girls where I was going and that I would be back in 15 minutes. They assured me that they would be fine and that I could stay at the school as long as I needed and that I could talk to anyone for as long as I wanted to, since they would be fine by themselves. Since it was Friday (movie day), I got the movie started and then went to school to get the backpack.
When I came home, they were upset to see me back so soon. Then I was reminded that I didn't have a snack for them, but not to worry, because they were working on it themselves. Then: "How do you turn on the stove?" (Panic-- I don't think I have removed my winter clothing that fast before...ever-- all while looking calm and collected, of course).
In the pot on the stove (not turned on) were two cans of Alpahgetti. (They had got the lids off and everything). It made my heart smile. My girls are growing up.
Then we had a chat about using the stove when Mom is around.
Look at this:
Love my girls, even if they are growing up way-too fast!
2 comments:
(Insert scared laughter)
I was also frightened but then relieved as I imagine you were too. I laughed a lot though.
Post a Comment