19 April 2010

Hallelujah Glory!




No, I am not pregnant. (For those of you who don't know, Hallelujah Glory was the name Paul chose for I and has been wanting to use it ever since. Since we didn't use it, we seem to use it as a phrase for happiness, relief, sarcasm, or wherever else it might fit.) So, Hallelujah Glory! R learned to ride a two-wheel bike on Saturday! And she hasn't looked back. She is still working on steering though (a near catastrophe with a fence tonight, but scrapes and bruises are all part of the learning process, right?). An added bonus... We put A on the bike with training wheels before R started with her new bike (a little positive pressure?) and she loves it-- it terrifies me because she is on some sort of terrible slant and relies way too much on the training wheels to keep her up. But they do it! And as for my little I, well we were hoping her legs were long enough to reach the pedals on the tricycle, but alas, not yet. She just likes to wear her helmet (so cute).

My babies are growing up. Oh man... soon they will be really able to get away from me and quick! What was I thinking? Maybe they shouldn't ever learn to ride a bike at all! Can you imagine?! Everyone needs to know how to ride a bike. It is important! A rite of passage, if you will.

Here are some pictures of our walk with Auntie Sonja. She came over to see our new house and the girls riding bikes!


The road that isn't anymore. It is by our new house. I think it would be fun if it doesn't get chewed up and houses built there anytime soon. An abandoned road for the girls to ride bikes on (that is blocked off so regular traffic can't get to it) sounds like so much fun!

Has to obey the laws of the land. Get off and walk it across the road!
Her legs are too short for the tricycle. A wagon ride is pretty fun though, too.
Our front lawn, littered with all things children related. And signage, I guess. And a guy with a moustache. Whoever told him that moustaches are classy was WRONG!


These pictures are courtesy of  ALM Photography. I thought she did well!
Captured the moustache.

Showing us the long sidewalk in which she is free to ride her bike. All open road for a three year old.

Now, how to get the videos on here. They have changed a few things and so I don't know. I will work on it.



Love you lots!

3 comments:

Aunt Anne said...

You are right - a mustache is not classy.

Jocelyn said...

I love it when kids learn to ride bikes, independence!

I agree on the mustache. Not a fan of them and I personally do not think they are classy either. But hey, you are they one that said it!

erin said...

I love ALM photography, it's very contemporary.
I'm glad that I and R are so concerned about saftey, and obeying the lawas.
Tom Selleck proved that the mustache could be classy, on Paul... we'll leave that up for debate.

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!