The two groups who went on the bus. Londonderry and Castledowns Wards. Can you find me? I am pretty obvious!

And this is how we went. In fine form if you ask me!
Me on the monkey bridge, or that is what they called it! So, does that make me a monkey?

These pictures are so out of chronological order! But here I am rapelling!

And here is the picture of me rapelling that should have come first. I wasn't even nervous. Why is that? Is it because I have done it before? Is it because I wasn't at all scared by the irrational thought that I could plumment to my death? (I had complete faith in the ropes, and I had competant instructors).

See, I told you about the no-see-ums. They are about the size of a freckle. They loved me. I wish I got a picture of my neck and front. It was horrible. I needed Benedryl.

I enjoyed a fish spa. The little minnows came and nibbled the dry skin off my feet. I liked it.

My attempt at being Sylvester Stalone in "Cliff Hanger." It is way harder than it looks. ( In this picture I haven't started yet. The rubbery-upper-arms-and-profuse-sweating pictures didn't make the cut).

The beginning of the hike. It was absolutely beautiful!

After sending my girls off to Grandma's house for the week, packing them for our vacation and Grandma's house separately, getting myself ready for camp, and not being able to sleep well, I was a tired wreck even before YW Camp started!
"Daughter of a King" was held in Kootenay Plains from 21 July- 25 July. We rented a school bus and shared with another ward. It was nice not having to be responsible to drive four hours (or more) with girls in my van.
The entire week was hot! An answer to prayer? Absolutely. It was perfect. But really hot. We had to be very careful about heat exhaustion. It was 35*-45* C, and I loved it! I went hiking up a mountain to Siffleur Falls, participated in the Amazing Race (a bunch of obstacles and activities), canoeing (it was beautiful and the lake was small with no worries about not being able to get back to the dock. I met up with an old friend from Stake camps past, and she tried to help me learn how to paddle, since I unfortunately ended up in the stern)! I also went rapelling, and mountain climbing (and even made it to the top. I didn't think it was mathematically possible for my little muscles to heave my heavy self a metre, let alone able to touch the anchor at the top)!
Friday night was awesome! All the YW signed my shirt, so now I can say, "I even got the T-shirt!" when I talk about my camp experience. There were 14 girls and they were all so good. I can't even begin to say how thankful I was for that. It was an experience I will never forget and am so thankful that I got to be a part of it.
I tried to call my girls while I was gone. I walked a good kilometre (round trip) to the pay phone on the side of the highway, and was never able to get a hold of them. I must admit, between the exhaustion (I do believe I slept a good 3-4 hours every night), the responsibility that I felt, and the sadness that I didn't get to talk to them), and being incredibly itchy-- those noseeums (forgive the spelling, please) I was covered in bites)), I broke down and sobbed on the side of the highway. Sat on the side of the road and cried. And then it was over, and I was good to go. Ahh, the beauties of being a girl???
I got home to an empty house. Paul had taken the girls from Mom and Dad's house and started on their way Vancouver Island for our family vacation. I promptly had a shower, followed by a little nap. Then I did laundry and got ready to jump on an airplane to Comox!
"Daughter of a King" was held in Kootenay Plains from 21 July- 25 July. We rented a school bus and shared with another ward. It was nice not having to be responsible to drive four hours (or more) with girls in my van.
The entire week was hot! An answer to prayer? Absolutely. It was perfect. But really hot. We had to be very careful about heat exhaustion. It was 35*-45* C, and I loved it! I went hiking up a mountain to Siffleur Falls, participated in the Amazing Race (a bunch of obstacles and activities), canoeing (it was beautiful and the lake was small with no worries about not being able to get back to the dock. I met up with an old friend from Stake camps past, and she tried to help me learn how to paddle, since I unfortunately ended up in the stern)! I also went rapelling, and mountain climbing (and even made it to the top. I didn't think it was mathematically possible for my little muscles to heave my heavy self a metre, let alone able to touch the anchor at the top)!
Friday night was awesome! All the YW signed my shirt, so now I can say, "I even got the T-shirt!" when I talk about my camp experience. There were 14 girls and they were all so good. I can't even begin to say how thankful I was for that. It was an experience I will never forget and am so thankful that I got to be a part of it.
I tried to call my girls while I was gone. I walked a good kilometre (round trip) to the pay phone on the side of the highway, and was never able to get a hold of them. I must admit, between the exhaustion (I do believe I slept a good 3-4 hours every night), the responsibility that I felt, and the sadness that I didn't get to talk to them), and being incredibly itchy-- those noseeums (forgive the spelling, please) I was covered in bites)), I broke down and sobbed on the side of the highway. Sat on the side of the road and cried. And then it was over, and I was good to go. Ahh, the beauties of being a girl???
I got home to an empty house. Paul had taken the girls from Mom and Dad's house and started on their way Vancouver Island for our family vacation. I promptly had a shower, followed by a little nap. Then I did laundry and got ready to jump on an airplane to Comox!
Have a great day! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:
It's okay to cry. Now it is even funny in the retelling (sorry if it is too soon)
I always like rubbery-arm-sweating-profusely-picutres. I think they make me look the most fetching.
Post a Comment