17 August 2009

July's Fun

Prologue or Preface (what is the difference, anyway? Insights)?

I do believe I crammed so much into July that the month needs to be broken down, much like a min-series for television. So, I am dividing July into three sections, which sections may be broken down further. Part I is the first two and a half weeks, Part II is YW Camp and then Part III is our Family Vacation, or rather the first week or so.

Part I, which really starts in June, after the wedding...
Well, Paul turned 33 this year. I always have struggled with his birthday. Everything that I think of that he would like as a gift, is unaffordable. A new truck, tools, a new TV with the fancy stereo system... how would I even begin? So this year, I let the girls go shopping for him. And they did very well. They bought five new cars. Match Box, but still, new cars. Lego-- you know, building supplies. A giant ball. And a new alarm clock. (Our old one was pretty old. I received it when I was 14 and thought it was the coolest thing ever! But unfortunately, an alarm clock needs to be reliable, and this one, although its tape deck was, the volume and alarms weren't). And what guy doesn't like a car for a birthday cake. You bet, Lightning MacQueen birthday cake. It was fantastic!!!







The next day I took Iylah to the Medicentre. What a nightmare. I have been fortunate. I have never had to go to a walk-in MediCentre. And silly me, I didn't imagine that it would take four hours of my time, and took all three girls. It was a long four hours. It was horrible. Next time I am driving out to Barrhead and going to Emergency. It won't take as long!

The next day was Canada Day, and celebrate we did! We dressed in red and white and went out to St.Albert to take in the fun! Uncle Nathan and Auntie Julie and their beautiful children came with us. We had a picnic and enjoyed the day. Dairy Queen was there handing out free raspberry sundaes. That was a great treat!




a



We went to Barrhead and had lots of fun. We built a fort in the trees. Ruby decided that all good forts need signage, and I totally agreed. We made a sign out of one of Grandpa's old shirt that declares the fort's name as "The Farm House."



We went to Lethbridge, Erin was having another reception there. It was fun to hang out in Stirling for a few days. I drove Sylvia up to Edmonton and whenever she is in my van we seem to run into the worst weather. And sure enough, we ran into a huge thunderstorm. The amount of rain was incredible! I don't know if I will take her to Edmonton anymore... just kidding. I like adventures.






And then...oh my, I am so not ready for this... 14 July 2009... Ruby lost her first tooth! Yikes! My baby is growing up so fast! It is terrifying! I don't even want to think about it. But, she was so excited. Many of her classmates in kindergarten had begun losing teeth this year. She'd always ask for an apple in her lunch so that she could make her "teeth wiggly." Since she didn't have her friends at school to share this good news with I made sure that she phoned grandparents and aunties and uncles, told neighbours, and the primary class, and really, anyone else she thought needed to know.



And Iylah is walking now... Be still my heart! Check out the video! She is so cute!!!




Thanks for finding this little blog in the gigantic world of cyberspace. Have a great day!

4 comments:

sonja said...

Oh wow that is the cutest post ever. Ruby with her tooth, Aubrey with her hair, and Iylah with her walking. I think I am losing it because I am totally misting up.

erin said...

That was so fantastical. I love the pictures, the stories and the video. I think I recognize where that was taken, and I think it is also funny that Seth makes a guest appearance.

Jennifer said...

I liked Seth too. I hope that his parents are okay with him being on there. I didn't think that his name was "published" so it might be oaky. And that the fact that anyone who reads this is most likely you, Sonja or Celena! I am sorry not to have called back. I am running around like a maniac, but can't wait to see you when I am in the southern part of our wonderful province next week!

erin said...

They would be definitely okay with it, his mother has a blog for her photography and puts her kids and names all the time.
Yes let me know when you are in the land of the south. Maybe I could get Ruby and Aubrey to do thank you cards, that would be funny.
I tried to show mom and dad how easy it was to use your blog, because dad always claimed that he couldn't get on, so on their computer I put it in as one of their favourites, and showed them how cute it was. I was trying to see if they would use it because I was once toying with doing a blog, not that my life is exciting, or that I have kids that are adorable, but it seems like a very convienent way to share photos, as opposed to trying to email them to everyone.

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!