29 June 2009

A cake and a wedding

This weekend was crazy busy. My sister, Erin, got married to Alan Hornberger! I was in charge of the cake. Yikes. But I think it worked out all right. I know all the mistakes and stuff, but hopefully I fooled someone in thinking that it looked "professional." (hahaha, ummm sure). So, since a picture tells a thousand words, I won't have to type anymore...

I think it is the best family picture that I got.
L-R: Ruby, Paul, Aubrey, Jennifer, Iylah

Aubrey and her grouchiness. But looking cute, nonetheless...

Ruby looking beautiful!


Erin and Alan Hornberger. I just realized that her initials didn't change.


They were married in the Edmonton, Alberta Temple. It was a beautiful day!

So this is it without the flowers on top.


Erin getting ready to cut the cake. She had to undo the ribbon. It was a butter pecan cake.


And here they are cutting it with a fancy knife that she didn't think anyone should buy because it cost too much money.

And now they are feeding it to each other.
So tomorrow is Paul's 33rd Birthday. And I am stumped. Perhaps if I was a more observant wife, I would have a clue as to what he would like to get for his birthday!!! Ah, sigh.... If anyone has an idea, please let me know! I guess tomorrow has come. So his birthday is later today. I hope that Aubrey will go to bed sometime soon, so I can, too! Ah, sigh, the unhealthy sleep habits of my children...
And that is about it. So until next time, remember, I love you!














































3 comments:

Celena said...

I was right - the cake looks amazing! Holly said it looks really good too.

erin said...

The cake was amazing! It tasted excellent as well. Jen you really are a fantastic sister for doing this for me. Thank you so much for everything you did, the performance you, Nathan, and Sonja did was really good and hilarious.

sonja said...

I love the grouchy girl pictures.

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!