I need to explain the pictures. The first two are from Calaway Park. It is so much fun there! I love to watch my kids having fun! The next two are just Aubrey being Aubrey. The last picture is Ruby's. She took it and it makes me laugh everytime I see it. I love to see things how she sees them. And the angle that she took this shot at, just makes me smile!
September has been busy with lots of changes in our lives. And yet it also seems so boring. Go figure. Ruby turned five!! She got a camera and Froggy, her purple betta fish. We went to the Zoo for EllisDon's family picnic. It was fantastic. It was rainy and I was worried that it would be like last year's picnic. But, we ate inside the zoo, went on a treasure hunt, made crafts with the kids, and got to see all the animals. We were the only group in the zoo. It was great! We went to Calgary and saw the Lucas family. The we went to Calaway Park with Inge, Angelique and her girls and loved every minute of it. They made me homesick for a place I don't think I will be able to call home again. But I loved being with them! The girls are getting so big and grown up, I can hardly believe it. I was invited to attend, with Ruby, the Principal's Tea at York Elementary. Every month they "recognize students who are making a difference at York." And so she was recognized. She didn't want to leave her classroom to go to the gym with me and as soon as she got her certificate she asked if she could go back to class. Her teacher thanked her for sharing her 'peaceful nature' with her class. I thought that sounded just like Ruby, and was very pleased that her teacher saw that in my girl!
School has started. I am brave. I watch the school bus pick up my girl and take her to kindergarten, which she loves. She is learning ASL, because there is a boy in her class who communicates that way. I love it that she is sharing it with me, as I am very rusty with my ASL. Any help so that I can improve/remember is appreciated. She told me today that she is also learning HipHop, which totally shows she is growing up too fast. The bus was super late today and I was worried, but she finally came (but yes, I did call the bus company). I guess that a bus driver was sick, so Ruby's bus driver took both routes home. I guess Edmonton is in desperate need for bus drivers, so if anyone reading this wants a part-time job, go drive a school bus!!!
Aubrey is coming up with more and more words. It is fun to hear her talking so well. Or at least I think she is talking well. She is trying to not nap anymore, and that is driving me crazy!!! She loves to help me walk Cole to the bus stop and waits for Ruby's bus. She loves buses. She points out every bus she sees when we are driving around the city. "bebe buss" are small school buses, "buss" are the regular school buses and "boo buss" or "daddy buss" would be the ETS buses, that are in fact, blue and the ones that Paul would be on if he went on the bus/train right now. For now though, he is enjoying driving a work truck around.
Iylah is growing up so fast. Tonight she was telling a story to anyone who would listen. It was super cute, or at least I thought so. She wasn't very quiet, and I was somewhere where she perhaps should have been, but I couldn't tell her to "shush" because I loved hearing her!!
I am the Meetinghouse Librarian now as well as the Ward Librarian. Woo-hoo. Not much new with me.
Paul wants to finish the basement and has started-- by making my basement a total disaster area. It isn't fun. Thank goodness the weather has been beautiful (thank goodness for global warming?) and so the girls have been able to play outside. I am hoping that Paul can get the basement finished within the week before the weather gets cold. I can wish and imagine a perfect world, can't I? I suppose then I want the basement to be finished now. No week at all!!! Hey, it is my fantasy!
We went to Hawrelak Park on Monday and took family pictures. That was fun. And some of them turned out. And, I have a picture to put with all my Christmas cards. That is if I do cards this year. Right now it seems pretty unlikely!!
I still haven't found my camera cord. I am sad. I know that I can put my camera cord in the printer, but the computer has been moved upstairs (remember the basement) and the printer is disconnected. I suppose I should check out Kajiji or Ebay. Or Paul should. That is a better idea.
Have a fantastic day! Remember we love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment