


Time flies when you are having fun. It even flies when you aren't, doesn't it. But I am having fun, I promise. I just looked at the date of my last post and couldn't believe that it had been that long ago already!
So what is new with us, in our little part of the world...Hmmm...
I fed Iylah some rice cereal for the first time on 8 November. She seems to think it is okay. She doesn't eat a whole bunch of it, but that is okay with me.
Iylah rolled over from her back to her front on 7 November and Aubrey got dressed into her pj's by herself last night! And into her clothes this morning. Now, if only I could get the potty training going in the right direction. We tried panties the other day but then there was an accident and I didn't feel like trying anymore for the day.
Ruby and Aubrey haven't been sleeping well lately. That makes me tired and sore, as that means there are usually four people sleeping in my bed.
Paul is still working on the basement. Remember how I said last time that I hoped it would go quickly. I don't think it can ever go fast enough. My basement is a disaster. He is almost done the wiring. Then he can make a laundry 'closet' for me ( similar to Angelique's-- if that helps anyone other than Angelique and Inge visualize it). And then we have to get the wiring inspected. And then we need to clean up the basement entirely and then get the drywall done and taped, painted and then flooring put in. Any suggestions on flooring? I am all ears.
We went to a family Halloween party dressed as the cast from 101 Dalmations. I was Cruella ( you can see pics of that on Facebook (I didn't get pictures I am soooooo sad)) Paul was my sidekick Jasper, and the girls we dressed up as puppies. (In one of the pics on Facebook you can see that I am holding my Iylah puppy). Aubrey didn't want to wear her costume and so she wore her puppy shirt that she loves. I am hoping to somehow photoshop a pic of the family. Not that I have it, but I simply don't want to have to do my hair again like that. Thanks to Paul for colouring it for me.
We had a fun Halloween. It was warm again, so the girls and I went out. Iylah too, but then she got bored and so I took her home. Ruby was an unicorn (although she left her horn and 'head' at school) Aubrey was a cow (in her words, a "mooo") and Iylah a hippopotamus. (Thanks to Kari Gibb who took the pics at the Moms Group). The pictures show my sad Elephant and Hippo-- funny, and a beautiful kangaroo)! The girls got a lot of loot, and then we went downtown because Auntie Shauna was in town!!! That was so much fun and they ate carrots and peas. How healthy is that! Thanks Shauna!
In church related news, I am the new Young Women's President. That means I am in charge of the girls ages 12-18 in our congregation. Big job, big fun.
Well, I am very tired and cold, and so I know that it is time for bed. I hope everyone has a great night! Until next time, remember,
"We Love You!"
3 comments:
I am in love with the sad hippo and elephant. I think I will put it on my wall.
Hi Jennifer!
How fun to see the girls in their costumes. It was fun to read about your mommy adventures and remember my own. Good luck in Young Womens, it will be a great experience and will help you down the road when your house is filled with your own. Are you and Paul bringing everyone down to Stirling around Christmas? We are planning on showing up the week after Christmas.
Your blog is fantastic, I just spent my break getting caught up on it, and I loved every second of it.
You and your stories of the girls make me laugh.
Post a Comment