02 September 2008

Well, I only have one more day before I am the mother of a school-aged girl. Ruby is so excited to go to kindergarten and doesn't want me to take her to school. Instead she wants to take the bus there. I promised that she can take the bus home, but she is still upset. I told her that mommies were allowed to take their girls to school on the first day of school, but she doesn't think that is a good idea.

Today we worked on riding her bike. She is doing well. It helps to have friends who like to ride bikes, so it puts a little bit of pressure on her to learn to ride her bike. And she can do it. She doesn't turn well yet, but she can start most of the time on her own!

Aubrey is mad that she can't ride a bike. She is about two centimetres too short to reach the pedal in the farthest position, which she could work around, but the funny thing is that she hasn't a clue how to steer!

She is starting to talk a lot and we are starting to get a few sentences. For example: Wooee up high (Ruby up high (on the bunkbed)), I-ya eyes oh no (The sun is in Iylah's eyes). She is a happy girl, especially in the morning. I love it!

Iylah is a big girl! She is 6.12 kgs. I can't believe it. She is doing so well.

I have so much to be thankful for, especially my three beautiful girls!!

If anyone is around on Saturday, come on over! We are having a birthday party for our five year old!

Good night! Sorry there are no pictures this time. The cord for my camera to computer has been taken hostage by aliens and so I can't get anything off of it. Any ideas?

Love you all! Jen

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!