30 May 2008

Well, I am exhausted and can't talk long, but I just wanted to say that our beautiful baby girl was born on 27 May at 1316 in Edmonton, Alberta. She weighed 3330 grams and was 52.5 cm long. We named her Iylah Josephine, and we are thrilled that we were able to come home tonight. I had her by another wonderful C-section. I was admitted to the hospital on 24 May and the doctors finally decided that enough was enough and they cured me by having her come early. She was born at 35 weeks and 4 days I think. Can you imagine how big she would have been if she came in June! I was excited to name her middle name June, but surprise, she came in May!

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!