



As I write this, I wonder why I am doing it. Does anyone really read this? Plus, I am going to have to get going on our Christmas letter. If I don't write anything this month then I might have something to say in the Christmas letter. Oh, I know I am being grouchy, sometimes I just like to soak it up. Enough soaking, you say? Alright, here goes...
Halloween was fun. It was warm! I can't remember a Halloween so nice! Ruby was so excited for it! She wanted to be something scary-- a ghost. We got huge pumpkins from Mom and Dad and c arved them up. There were lots. It is too bad I didn't get a picture of all of them out on our front steps.
Last year we were in Stirling for Halloween and there was snow covering our shoes. I don't mean boots-- we were in SoAB for a warm Halloween and didn't pack too much winter stuff. I should have known better. Our feet got soaking wet in a matter of minutes and it wasn't much fun because it was so cold. Paul was here in Edmonton and was in charge of handing out candy. No one came. At all!! This year was different, thankfully.
At about six o'clock I got us all dressed up. Aubrey was a giraffe, and a cute one at that, Ruby was a spooky ghost, and I dressed up as a clown. Paul decided that he would hand out candy, so he stayed home and watched TV. Our street is a horseshoe with 57th street, and we made our way around the horseshoe. I thought we would be okay with just walking around the one side of the street. But, Ruby was having so much fun and Aubrey was being good in the stroller, so we just continued on. The amount of candy she collected was incredible. Two pillow cases full, and I am not even exaggerating. When we came back home Paul helped Ruby go through her stash. He couldn't believe how much she had either! He told me that in his house growing up his parents gave the kids a deadline to eat their candy and then it would be gone. He said he wanted to continue the tradition. I told him that he would be throwing most of it out. Well, he didn't follow through with it, and we still have piles of candy. We don't need to buy anything at Christmas time, we will still have Halloween candy!
Starting in November I started a new job. I watch the neighbour's boy before and after school. He is in Grade One. Part of the deal is taking him to and from school. Plus, with Daman living with us, the extra person made me want a van. Can you believe it? Me wanting a van? I said I never would. So, Paul found a van in the States and last weekend flew down to Chicago and drove it home. His dad went with him and they drove straight to Stirling. It was 25 hours, including the stop at the border. It is a 2006 with 30 000 miles. ( That is the hardest part, having to read the small numbers on the dash instead of the big ones, well and another hard part is parallel parking. I feel so big and long and I can't see behind me). I miss my car. I drive it whenever I don't have to drive the van. I am sure that this feeling with pass. Does anyone want to buy a car? Even though I miss it's sporty feeling with the standard transmission, and the smallness of it, not even thinking if I am too tall to go up a ramp at the mall on our weekly excursions to the library, and the no stress feeling when driving it, we still need to sell it. I would rather sell the truck first, and I am trying to convince Paul of that. Is it true that every man needs a truck?
I suppose that this is turning into a novel, and I should go. I hope you have a wonderful month getting ready for Christmas!!
We love you!