13 August 2007




July was a hot month! It was nice. I long for those days. August so far has felt very fall-like, not at all appreciated. I have no excuse to not cook- or bake, even!

On 13-14 July, the girls and I went to the Stake Mother/Daughter Camp. Don't worry, I haven't gone completely mad, I invited Mom to help us out. We went to Long Island Lake, which is about 45 minutes north of Westlock. It was fun. The girls enjoyed it. Ruby loved sleeping in the tent and Aubrey was loving just being in the tent. The outhouses weren't as much fun, that is until it was dark (about eleven o'clock) and Ruby could use the flashlight to go to the washroom. The flashlight made all the difference. Thank goodness, I didn't know if she'd go the entire time we were there.

The girls and I spent two weeks in Stirling, 15-27 July. I enrolled Ruby in swimming lessons with her cousin, Shawn. It was our holiday, I suppose. Athough, single parenting does not really mean a holiday, rather, a lot of work.

Aubrey turned one while we were there, and Auntie Lesley and her family and Auntie Stacey and her family, and Auntie Wendy and Joral were there to help us celebrate. Taylor, Ruby and I made a Rice Krispie cake because it was too hot to bake. I turned it into a hot air balloon, and it was fun.

We went to the new Hutterite colony, Kinglsand. The colony that I taught at split on 1 July, and so I had to go check out who had moved and what the colony looked like. They were very friendly. Ruby loves to go there. We didn't get to Miami, but I'll do it next time I am there.

While in Stirling we attended Stirling Days! It is advertised as the "best little party in Southern Alberta." It was fun. We went to the chili cook-off where I enjoyed the company of two friends of mine from our ward in Edmonton. It is a small world after all. Aubrey walked for the first time there! She walked from Inge to the playground. And she hasn't stopped since. I ran in the 5km run, enjoyed the parade-- helped Ruby and Evelyn catch candy, started reading Harry Potter, and made the local newspaper when Stacey and I and two other ladies asked to sing with the band. Ruby won Kendra's cake in the cakewalk and won a prize for being the youngest baker when she submitted her icecream cake in to participate in the calkwalk.

We went to Calaway Park with Omi and Lonne, Inge, Angelique, Angela, Kendra and Evelyn. It was fun. So much more enjoyable now that I am not four days away from giving birth to Aubrey! It was great fun! And Paul surprised us and met us there!

We got to Edmonton and it got cool. And I decided I need to find a way to make some money. I am interested in tutoring, so spread the news, and find me lots of clients, alright?!

And yes, I am on Facebook.
Have a wonderful month, and know that we love you.

No comments:

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!