

.jpg)


A month later...
June was a cold month, and so far, July is turning out to be hot. I don't think I mind it, except at night when we are trying to sleep. There are moments when I wish we had air conditioning! I don't mind the heat other than that--well, I've decided I need to go shopping and buy some more summer clothes!
Paul is still busy. He now catches the 05:29 train, so he can be at work at 06:00! I don't usually see him for twelve more hours. Then it is off to Young Men or me off to Relief Society or choir, and so that leaves Mondays and Fridays free. He has been helping people on Saturdays too, so he is turning into a stranger!
Ruby is still amazing me. She is so lonely for friends. We miss Stirling for that! Michael and Stacey and their kids came and spent some time with us. Ruby loved every moment. Taylor and her were good buds, that is until Taylor took her on a waterslide where Ruby fell off her tube and got her face wet! It went from bad to worse. The finale of the waterslide was going under a waterfall. Well, since she didn't appreciate her face getting wet the first time, the second time was nearly newsworthy! It is amazing what a year can do to nerves. At the end of last year, she was jumping in the pool and getting her face wet, going under the water voluntarily. I have her signed up for swimming lessons with her cousin, Shawn. Hopefully he can teach her a thing or two about being brave. He's a dare devil of sorts, I hope she doesn't gleen too much!
Aubrey is a more active baby than Ruby, if I remember correctly. She loves the stairs, and likes to climb them, perch on the top step and then stand up. She nearly gives me a heart attack every time I catch her doing it. She is so wanting to walk, but won't let go of furniture yet. With this new found freedom, she is becoming very independent, and I can find her playing by herself sometimes. What a nice surprize! As I write this, she is playing in the igloo/tent! Yay!
I had a rough month. Well not really, but I am not sure what else to write about myself. I didn't even get short-listed for a job I thought I wanted, and I didn't win a contest I wanted to. I wrote a fantastic essay, or so I thought. I read the winner's, and honestly, mine was way better. If I get over the hurt, I just might to post it, and let you read it. Then you can tell me how wonderful it is and that the judges didn't know what they were talking about. That would make me feel great. Well, not really, because I am over it. Maybe. I wanted to win!
We had a fun Canada Day! We all dressed for the occasion, but of course, there was no time for pictures before church, and then after, well, it just slipped my mind. We might dress up and pretend, and then take pictures. The BBQ at the Burts' was terrific!
Now, I know this blog is getting long, but it was fun, and remember-- Aubrey is happy in the igloo! Have a great month!
Jen
P.S. There is no word in the English language that rhymes with month. A good thing to know.