04 June 2007

What's new with us!

What's new with us? Well, Paul has a new calling in the church. He is, once again, working with the youth--this time the 12-13 year old boy. That's right, there is only one of them. Poor guy--the boy, and Paul!

He has started a new job! He is working for EllisDon as a Junior Superintendent. The project is the U of A's Mazankowski's Heart Institute. He has got three golf shirts out of the deal so far, and has got paid. We hope all goes well with this job!

I am still busy with being a full-time mom. Today we went to the greenhouse and bought some tomato plants, 20 in fact. I have enough room for eight. I guess I just let Ruby go in her excitement. She thought we needed the Sweet Baby Girl Variety, and since I am rather partial to sweet baby girls, I caved. I guess we need to get working on our backyard and get somewhere for the plants to go. I am teaching my first Literacy class tomorrow night, that should be exciting. Or at least I hope so. I am thinking of trying to find a super easy, well-paying, very casual hours, bring the girls to or stay at home job. If you know of one, please let me know!

Ruby has finished ballet for the year. When I figure out how to post video, I will put that up. Until then, just look at the picture and imagine! It is great! She is very imaginative and that is fun. She has an imaginary orange cat named Sunshine. She goes with her everywhere! We made a tent in her bedroom today with her bedding. I remember doing that when I was young. What a terrible mess. But, what fun she has had. She is sleeping in it. She hasn't asked me to sleep in it with her yet. But I am sure it will happen. I remember asking my mom if she wanted to have so much fun and sleep in the tent with me!

Aubrey has cut her second tooth. My baby is disappearing! As you can see by the picture, she is trying her best to be independent. If we had carpet, I think I would let her, but on the laminate, I just see bad things happening right now. She still loves my hair! I know why some moms cut their hair! She drives me crazy when she has to have a hold of the hair on the back of my neck to get to sleep. As I am typing, that is what she is doing. The typing isn't going so well. She loves to see dogs and cats. She gets so excited whenever we are on walks. She tries her best to crawl out of the wagon or stroller to see them. She is also moving! Not crawling, but the bum scoot. So cute! She scooted all the way to the other side of my room today to get Ruby's toothbrush (yes, it was on the floor).

If you think this is a good idea and would like to see more, or suggestions on what to do or how to do it, or would like to post something on here for the family to see, please let me know! Good night!

3 comments:

Pot Family said...

Well done Jen, I enjoyed reading about all the ins and outs with your family. The girls are definitely growing like weeds. I am glad Paul is enjoying his new job and hey golf shirts are good. Don't have a lot of time this morning as I am doing a million things in preparation of Mom coming this Saturday. Know we love you and keep in touch.

Love, Inge

Unknown said...

Hello my beautiful sister! Welcome to the blogging world. I am glad that you did it. I don't blog- but I do use other people's blogs to talk to my friends. Maybe I should just be on facebook. I may cave someday. Anyway, I say there is nothing wrong with letting your kids store their toothbrushes on the floor. I will see you tomorrow. Yeah! It is raining. I love summer storms.

Unknown said...

Okay, I am double posting. I wonder if that is tacky. Anyway, what is going on? How long are you in south land? Do you use the internet whilst in Stirling? All of these things I don't know. I love you.

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!