26 June 2014

School's Out!


Today is the last day of school. Youngest is at Jurassic Forest. All day. Her last day of kindergarten. Forever. Oldest is talking to her teacher about her test- and discussing why she got an answer wrong. Growing up. Middle is bringing home three bags of loose paper and crayon wrappers and pencil crayon shavings. And is going to show me every sheet of paper. One by one. And will tell me why she kept those pencil crayon shavings- what cool shape they are. Or how it looks like a dragon or insect, or something. Being herself. 

My friend asked me how I was doing today- if it was an emotional day. She said it was for her.  I responded that I was fine. Because I was. I hadn't made time to think about this day. Other than I am so glad to not make lunches for a while. So then I started to think and reflect. And I think that my friend, KS, is absolutely right. It was an emotional day. My babies just keep growing up! She's done kindergarten! And Grade 2! And Grade 5! What am I going to do next year home alone with Boy all day long?

It was an emotional day after all. 




Thanks to the teachers this year. My girls have grown to love you. I know what a teacher's life is like. And a thank you goes an awfully long way. So, Mr. Colling, Mrs. Willett and Mr. Hulyk: thank you. So much. 

Now to go dry my tears. An emotional day for sure. 

No comments:

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!