We had walked home from school in the cold yucky wind. Boy had fallen asleep in the stroller and I was desperately hoping he'd stay asleep as I transitioned him from the stroller to the bed (I should've worn him)! I was so tired, too, so I really wanted him to stay asleep!
I carried him upstairs to his bed, but he woke up and so I moved him to my bed so I could cuddle him back to sleep. It actually worked! Except I fell asleep, too.
I woke up later, not much later, but I'll be honest, some time did pass. In my defense, I woke up feeling much better!
Boy was still asleep.
Imagine with me now, as I couldn't take a picture. Even though I wanted to....
I went downstairs to see the girls (not Oldest). I saw they had been busy. There was a lemonade stand set up, with pictures of a glass of lemonade all along the bike path. And had given lemonade (they weren't interested in selling it, just finding new people) to the people walking down the street.
The funniest thing though that wasn't really funny and I had to bite my tongue from laughing and laughing. I saw the girls in the van, with the windows rolled down, the hazards flashing, and Fred Penner music blaring from the stereo. Paul's keys were in the ignition. The van wasn't running, they were just running the battery. Middle and Youngest were in the front two seats, bouncing around happily to the music, singing along. The seats were reclined and the seatblets were buckled up. Middle was 'driving' and had turned the windshield wipers on. As I came across this scene, she sprayed the windshield with the wiper fluid and thought she was the most clever seven-year-old ever. She especially liked that the fluid sprays bigger than the windshield. Hilarious, she thought!
Which it kinda was. Even with three of our neighbours witnessing this. I wonder what they think of me. And my yard ape kids. And how many of them tried the lemonade. With lots and lots and lots of sugar.
No comments:
Post a Comment