18 April 2013

Christmas 2012

It sort of seemed like there was a lot of hype for not much holiday. I suppose that may be how a lot of people feel about it. See, I have always had two weeks off of school or have not been working so the Christmas season seems to be long enough to warrant the craziness of it all. This year was different. I was discharged from the hospital on the 20 December in the evening. I went to a piano recital that night, the next day was the last day of school and Middle needed a veggie tray. My mil was a sweetheart and did it all for me. And how I wanted it, too.

A nurse came daily to see how I was doing and take blood. And I was exhausted and was retaining fluid like a camel. I felt awful! She would come every day-- even Christmas! And I couldn't get out of it! So Christmas morning we had fun at home, the nurse came early, and then we went out to the ranch for more fun and supper! Then, on Boxing Day, we had arranged with the nurse for her to come to see me as her last appointment. So, I kissed my girlies and went  back to the city by noon on Boxing Day. And then the next day Paul had to work by 07:00 and I had an ultrasound. And that was the extent of my Christmas holidays.

I'm not complaining. It was just strange and different. One thing I really, really, really enjoyed and am glad that I did was join the Edmonton North Stake Band. I played the tenor sax again! It was a blast!


I also got to take my dad to see the girls' Christmas concert at school. That was fun. Sometimes I wish I could be like the other mums at school and bring their parents to the concerts. And so I did. Dad took the afternoon off and watched it.

Oldest sang in DDM's choir at the Festival of Trees. Youngest and I went and enjoyed ourselves.

Middle row, fourth from the right. That's my girl!

Youngest's favourite tree. It was pink, that's why!

We found Santa.

And, ran into Oldest! I didn't think we'd find her!
I took the girls to a Nativity Display in Sherwood Park. They enjoyed it. It was a fun time. And yes, this is what Youngest wore. I didn't complain. She dressed herself and was happy to do so.
Happy Girls, cold day!


 They made these adorable nativities. The best part? Eating them!
A beautiful nativity.

A fun Santa at the church Christmas party.

EllisDon's family Christmas Party= so much fun! We went to Let's Play!
Laser tag with Dad!

Three girls on the playground

 Oh, mixed up pictures. Sorry. We are back to the Nativity Displays. The girls wanted to take a picture of all the pretty and fun nativities. We would've taken a picture of them all. Here are just a few.
Little People Nativity

Nativity made of chocolate
Dress up nativity

made of wood. They think Dad and Mum should make one like this.

I went on a field trip with Middle to do Christmas crafts. It was an excellent field trip.

Our Christmas tree this year 2012.



No comments:

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!