05 December 2012

Denver Bound: Murray Family Reunion

I got home from YW camp on Saturday afternoon. The house was quiet and empty, as Paul was at work and the girls were in Stirling. I was exhausted. I did laundry and repacked our bags as we were going to leave for Stirling as soon as I was able. We didn't leave until about noon on Sunday!

And then I slept in the van until Paul woke me up and told me we were in Calgary on the Deerfoot. I opened my eyes and saw that we were on the side of the road. He told me we had a flat tire. Flat was a bit of an understatement. I called AMA and they put us on priority, but Paul still had the tire changed before they showed up. We went to Costco and bought four shiny tires and ate in the food court. And then we were on our way again. 

I was excited to see the girls, as I hadn't seen them in such a long time! 

Monday morning came and we were in the van headed south at 07:16 with our girlies and Joan (my mil). And Paul drove. And drove. And drove. We ended up in Bailey, CO at 01:16 Tuesday morning. That's right. We were in the van for 18 hours. Yuck! But we were there! And we didn't travel much after we got there at all. I think we were all travelled/van-ned out.

Sheri and John's mountain home is beautiful. And we enjoyed our time there. We stayed for a week.

Oldest went paintballing for the first time. Youngest loved playing in the stream and then going to the hot tub. Middle loved the freedom of wandering around with cousins.


Looking up at the house


A hammock. So fun.


Popsicles on the deck.  


The land is so 'useless' and yet beautiful.


Trying to dam up the creek to make a swimming hole.


going swimming in cold water!


Convinced the big boys to help out the swimming hole cause.
Add caption


Cute girls!










Going paintballing!


Yikes!
















Near Mt. Evans













The top of Mt. Evans. Just after the storm. I missed out on all the static.










It was cool to ride in the convertible. Except when it was cold going to the the top of Mt. Evans in the rain.
strange signage, I thought

Almost back to Stirling, AB. They were such good travellers. Love them to bits!



We took two days to get home so we could go to Costco and buy butter and cheese. I am not sure if it was better. One day was terrible, but at least it was over sooner.

Thanks for being such great hosts, Bezzant family! Love you!

No comments:

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!