25 January 2010

December 2009


After my November, I vowed to do as little as possible in December. Well, you can imagine how that turned out.
I went to my parents' house with the girls for a week, because the beloved had to work. That was nice. I like to get out of the city whenever possible. Unfortunately it doesn't seem often enough. Someday I will live out of the city lights, and far from them.

Paul and I attended the EllisDon Christmas party. Good food, but really crummy desserts. Is this the norm?

Christmas was at 'the ranch.' Paul came out on Christmas Eve after work dressed as Santa, and terrified the girls. My oldest figured it out, but the other two would have nothing to do with him. He makes a pretty skinny Santa. The smallest hole on the belt. A sorry sight. And no picture. But it was fun and now my baby calls Santa, "Santa Daddy." So cute!!!

R wanted her daddy to grow a mustache for a Christmas present. And so he did. I asked him to shave it for a New Year's present for me. And so he didn't.

We came home so Paul could go to work. Then the next day we left to go to Stirling for New Year's. The Maynes' were not supposed to be in Stirling, but plans changed and so we were able to see the family. We also used up our free movie tickets that we've had all year and expired on the 31 December. We went to see "The Blind Side" on 31 December. We also went to see "Avatar" the next day. Two movies in two days. Yikes. I think that we filled our movie quota for the year in two days!

Paul got his truck stuck in the field. Bwahahahahahaha! He wanted to see if his truck was more tough than his brother's. Michael got his truck stuck twice in one spot (why don't boys learn?) and so Paul had to go 4 X4 ing and show Mike that he wouldn't get stuck. Well, he got stuck. And stuck good. (Again, why don't boys learn?) He shoveled and shoveled and then I went to help for a few minutes and then his dad came and pulled him out with the tractor.

Paul's sister's boyfriend is a mechanic who was able to get the quad and ski-doo working. Then the kids would jump on the toboggan and get pulled around. Oh, it looked so hillbilly. The quad and ski-doo don't have seats anymore and so they tied couch cushions to them. The ski-doo doesn't have a hood either. Oh boy. And siphoning was required to make the skidoo work and did they smell afterward. It was sure fun though.

Santa was good to us, and New Year's was fun. Glad it doesn't come for a while now though!

Have a great day!

So the pictures, I thought this way might be easier. Not in order, but easier. Maybe. We'll see. Here goes...

A with the train set...


A bunch of crazy cousins having lots of fun and trying to stay warm...
The ghetto skidoo...
Three fancy ballerinas...

This girl loves to be outside and part of the action. We just came back from sledding.
The snow was too dry to make a snowman, so R remembered the way her Auntie Sonja taught her to make a snowman in such conditions.
She got "Little People" from Santa...

And she got what she wanted from Santa. A snowglobe with reindeer in it. The North Pole might not have been quite what she wanted, but hey, he did his best!
And she wanted a purple sweater.
R singing in York's Christmas program "A Place in the Christmas Choir."

No comments:

A Favourite Poem

I fall
down a lot
specially on starry nights
some might say
"Look out where you're going"
I could call back
"You misunderstand my travel plans"

William Nichols

This is from my bus transfer from 20 September 1999. I still have it!