It should come as no surprise that Oldest wants a dog. She has convinced Middle and Youngest that they, too, want one. Middle though, is terrified of most anything with four legs.
Husband and I were on the same team. Or so I thought. Until one day when Oldest asked him, "Daddy, when can we get a dog?" He replied, "As soon as your mom says we can."
One word: Traitor. TRAITOR!!!!! (Sorry, that was two).
So, again, I am the mean/bad/unreasonable one. But that is okay. I like that role.
This time though, I am spending
a bit of time large portions of time thinking that I should just let it go. Embrace the dog pee, poop, stink, and whining. Love walking the creature in -34 *C weather (or colder). Wake during the night to help train it to do its business outside. Find a pet sitter when we go on holidays. Pay for food, a life-altering operation, and keeping its shots UTD. (look at all the lingo I am learning on pet websites, it means up-to-date). And don't forget licensing. And don't step on it when it gets underfoot. Vomit? Of course, it's a dog! Devote a pair of shoes for it to chew on. Listen to it cry for its mama for the next month. Look forward to it even.
I mean, really! Unfortunately, I can almost forget all the bad stuff when I see a face like this:
Maybe.
Have a great day! I will keep you updated on whether we get a boy for this family or not.
1 comment:
hahaha, sounds like our house. ANd I agree with TRAITOR!!! It's well deserved. Kudos to you. My rule was when I don't have to nag them about their chores for 6 months then I will start considering. They have not even made it a week. I think I am safe.
Post a Comment